2017 NOW New York State Conference: Resist and Persist
NOW New York holds a Sexual Harassment Survivor Speak-Out to conclude an empowering day of learning, organizing, and resistance. Hear from elected women leaders; honor local activists challenging sexual harassment and advocating refugee rights; learn about the intersection of white nationalism and misogyny; set NOW-NY’s 2018 agenda; and take action for real change NOW through an interactive workshop and speak-out. As a bonus, attendees are invited to a free documentary screening following the conference.
Tickets Are Now Available at: https://tinyurl.com/resistandpersist Get a discounted annual NOW membership with your ticket purchase! Student and sliding scale tickets are available.
Lunch, refreshments, and film screening are included.
Elected Official Speakers:
- Lieutenant Governor Kathy Hochul
- Assemblywoman Crystal Peoples-Stokes
- Assemblywoman Pamela Hunter
- Assemblyman Harry Bronson
- Rochester Mayor Lovely Warren
Special Guests Speakers:
- National NOW Vice President Gilda Yazzie
- Angela King, Co-Founder, Life After Hate
Susan B. Anthony Award Honorees:
- Barbara Moore, Lifetime NOW member and activist, Rochester NOW Treasurer
- Safi Osman, Co-Founder, Refugees Helping Refugees
- Jenna Register and Lindsay Wrobel, Student Activists, University of Rochester
- White Nationalism and Misogyny: The Intersection of Hate
- Resist and Persist: How Elected Women Leaders are Taking on Trump
- Susan B. Anthony Awards: Honoring Activists Fighting for Change
- Breaking Through Interactive Workshop: Sexual Harassment Speak-Out
- Women Elect, Planned Parenthood, and Refugees Helping Refugees
- Film Screening: Birthright: A War Story (to be shown at 5:30pm)**
We thank Rochester NOW for hosting an amazing line-up of speakers and enlightening discussions with activists fighting bigotry and hate.
1000 E. Henrietta Road - Rochester
Tuesday, Jun 11 | 6:00pm - 9:30pm 2019 Women of Power & Influence Awards
Sign the Petition to Demand Schneiderman Donate His Campaign Funds! Former New York Attorney General Eric...
Join Our Legislative Action Team Across New York and in tight races across...