2017 NOW New York State Conference: Resist and Persist
NOW New York holds a Sexual Harassment Survivor Speak-Out to conclude an empowering day of learning, organizing, and resistance. Hear from elected women leaders; honor local activists challenging sexual harassment and advocating refugee rights; learn about the intersection of white nationalism and misogyny; set NOW-NY’s 2018 agenda; and take action for real change NOW through an interactive workshop and speak-out. As a bonus, attendees are invited to a free documentary screening following the conference.
Tickets Are Now Available at: https://tinyurl.com/resistandpersist Get a discounted annual NOW membership with your ticket purchase! Student and sliding scale tickets are available.
Lunch, refreshments, and film screening are included.
Elected Official Speakers:
- Lieutenant Governor Kathy Hochul
- Assemblywoman Crystal Peoples-Stokes
- Assemblywoman Pamela Hunter
- Assemblyman Harry Bronson
- Rochester Mayor Lovely Warren
Special Guests Speakers:
- National NOW Vice President Gilda Yazzie
- Angela King, Co-Founder, Life After Hate
Susan B. Anthony Award Honorees:
- Barbara Moore, Lifetime NOW member and activist, Rochester NOW Treasurer
- Safi Osman, Co-Founder, Refugees Helping Refugees
- Jenna Register and Lindsay Wrobel, Student Activists, University of Rochester
- White Nationalism and Misogyny: The Intersection of Hate
- Resist and Persist: How Elected Women Leaders are Taking on Trump
- Susan B. Anthony Awards: Honoring Activists Fighting for Change
- Breaking Through Interactive Workshop: Sexual Harassment Speak-Out
- Women Elect, Planned Parenthood, and Refugees Helping Refugees
- Film Screening: Birthright: A War Story (to be shown at 5:30pm)**
We thank Rochester NOW for hosting an amazing line-up of speakers and enlightening discussions with activists fighting bigotry and hate.
1000 E. Henrietta Road - Rochester
Saturday, Jan 20 | 11:30am - 3:30pm 2018 Women's March NYC
Saturday, Jan 20 | 4:00pm - 8:00pm POST-WOMEN'S MARCH EVENT: VoteRunLead: Women Run 2018