Ally Event: Reproductive Health Act Public Forum
What: Reproductive Health Act Public Forum
When: Tuesday, November 14th, 6:30 – 8:30 PM
Where: Proshanky Auditorium at CUNY Graduate Center, 365 5th Avenue, New York, NY
Senator Liz Krueger is hosting a Reproductive Health Act public forum, featuring a variety of speakers and advocacy groups.
The purpose of the event is to build upon the current momentum as well as to increase awareness of and support for modernizing New York State law, in the face of federal threats, ensuring that in New York, abortion will remain safe, accessible, and legal. The event will include a speaker portion followed by advocacy tabling.
Prominent advocates will discuss the importance of modernizing New York State law, in the face of federal threats, to ensure that abortion will remain safe, accessible, and legal. Co-sponsors include leading advocacy groups on women’s reproductive rights. Speakers include:
- State Senator Liz Kreuger
- Assembly Member Deborah J. Glick, 66th Assembly District
- Marta Plimpton, actress, activist, and co-founder of A is For
- Katharine Bodde, Policy Counsel for NYCLU
- Carol Sanger, Barbara Aronstein Black Professor of Law at Columbia Law School
- Erika Christensen and Garin Marschall, patient advocates
- Treasure Walker, MD, MPH, member of Physicians for Reproductive Health
This will be a great opportunity for attendees to learn more about the challenges women faced with getting an abortion before Roe v. Wade, the reproductive rights and justice movements, challenges women and families currently face, and why the Reproductive Health Act must be passed, as well as to learn more about advocacy initiatives and how to get involved.
Please RSVP here or at 212-490-9535.
Saturday, Dec 02 - Sunday, Dec 03 | 11:00am - 7:00pm Forward Union Fair