Providing Abortions in a Rural Setting: Challenges and Opportunities
People living in rural areas of the U.S. — even in New York State — face extreme obstacles obtaining an abortion. Rural providers and clinics are on the frontlines of the war being waged against abortion; what is it like to experience these restrictions, and what can we do to support their work?
Physicians for Reproductive Health, in partnership with Trust Women, the National Organization for Women of New York City, and the New York Society for Ethical Culture invite you to join us for a public forum on the provision of abortion in rural areas.
Providing Abortion in a Rural Setting – Challenges and Opportunities will take place on Thursday, March 29 from 6:30-8:00 PM at the New York Society for Ethical Culture. This event is free with RSVP. Please click here to RSVP.
Our expert panel will include:
- Julie Burkhart, Founder and CEO of Trust Women and Trust Women South Wind Women’s Center, will speak on the challenges she faces providing in rural areas, as well as the importance of the services she offers to women in these areas.
- Dr. Anne Davis, Consulting Medical Director at Physicians for Reproductive Health, will serve as moderator.
- TBD: A rural-based abortion provider
- Date: Thursday, March 29, 2018
- Time: 6:30 – 8:00 PM
- Location: New York Society for Ethical Culture (2 West 64th Street at Central Park West, New York, NY 10023)
- Cost: Free with RSVP, Eventbrite ticket and ID required for entry
Thursday, Mar 22 | 6:30pm - 8:30pm Derailing the Trump Agenda: Protecting our Rights, Health, Environment and Democracy
Saturday, Mar 24 | 10:00am - 10:00am ALLY EVENT: NYC March for our Lives
Thursday, Mar 29 | 6:30pm - 8:00pm Providing Abortions in a Rural Setting: Challenges and Opportunities
Keep Concealed Guns Off Our Streets! A GOP bill allowing concealed guns in all 50...
Stop Online Sex Trafficking - Call NOW to Support FOSTA-SESTA Act Urge Congress to close the loophole that...