Providing Abortions in a Rural Setting: Challenges and Opportunities
People living in rural areas of the U.S. — even in New York State — face extreme obstacles obtaining an abortion. Rural providers and clinics are on the frontlines of the war being waged against abortion; what is it like to experience these restrictions, and what can we do to support their work?
In partnership with Trust Women, the National Organization for Women of New York City, and the New York Society for Ethical Culture, Physicians for Reproductive Health invites you to be a part of an important and timely conversation about the challenges facing providers and patients in areas around the country most hostile to abortion care.
We are honored and excited to bring together three reproductive health experts from different states for this engaging discussion. Join fellow abortion care advocates for this exciting event: Providing Abortion in a Rural Setting – Challenges and Opportunities. Entry is free with RSVP.
Our expert panel will include:
- Julie Burkhart, Founder and CEO of Trust Women clinics in Kansas and Oklahoma
- Kelli Garcia, Director of Reproductive Justice Initiatives and Senior Counsel, National Women’s Law Center
- Julia McDonald, DO, MPH, family medicine specialist in Maine
- Moderator: Anne Davis, MD, ob/gyn in New York, Consulting Medical Director of Physicians for Reproductive Health
- Date: Thursday, March 29, 2018
- Time: 6:30 – 8:00 PM
- Location: New York Society for Ethical Culture (2 West 64th Street at Central Park West, New York, NY 10023)
- Cost: Free with RSVP, Eventbrite ticket and ID required for entry. You must RSVP in advance of the event to ensure entry.
Saturday, Jan 19 | All Day 2019 Women's March NYC
Tuesday, Jun 11 | 6:00pm - 9:30pm 2019 Women of Power & Influence Awards
Sign the Petition to Demand Schneiderman Donate His Campaign Funds! Former New York Attorney General Eric...
Join Our Legislative Action Team Across New York and in tight races across...