Providing Abortions in a Rural Setting: Challenges and Opportunities
People living in rural areas of the U.S. — even in New York State — face extreme obstacles obtaining an abortion. Rural providers and clinics are on the frontlines of the war being waged against abortion; what is it like to experience these restrictions, and what can we do to support their work?
In partnership with Trust Women, the National Organization for Women of New York City, and the New York Society for Ethical Culture, Physicians for Reproductive Health invites you to be a part of an important and timely conversation about the challenges facing providers and patients in areas around the country most hostile to abortion care.
We are honored and excited to bring together three reproductive health experts from different states for this engaging discussion. Join fellow abortion care advocates for this exciting event: Providing Abortion in a Rural Setting – Challenges and Opportunities. Entry is free with RSVP.
Our expert panel will include:
- Julie Burkhart, Founder and CEO of Trust Women clinics in Kansas and Oklahoma
- Kelli Garcia, Director of Reproductive Justice Initiatives and Senior Counsel, National Women’s Law Center
- Julia McDonald, DO, MPH, family medicine specialist in Maine
- Moderator: Anne Davis, MD, ob/gyn in New York, Consulting Medical Director of Physicians for Reproductive Health
- Date: Thursday, March 29, 2018
- Time: 6:30 – 8:00 PM
- Location: New York Society for Ethical Culture (2 West 64th Street at Central Park West, New York, NY 10023)
- Cost: Free with RSVP, Eventbrite ticket and ID required for entry. You must RSVP in advance of the event to ensure entry.
Tuesday, Oct 16 | 6:30pm - 8:30pm Phone Banking to Flip the State Blue @ NOW-NYC
Wednesday, Oct 17 | 6:15pm - 7:45pm Hollaback! Bystander Intervention Training
Saturday, Oct 20 | 10:00am - 3:30pm Flip the Vote Blue Bus to Long Island
Tuesday, Oct 23 | 6:30pm - 8:30pm Phone Banking to Flip the House Blue @ NOW-NYC
Sexual Assault Allegations Against Kavanaugh Must Be Heard Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation as Supreme...
Protect the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) #TakeRapeSeriously VAWA has transformed...