Hiring for Executive Assistant
The National Organization for Women – New York City (NOW-NYC) advocates for the women and girls of New York. We aim to defend reproductive rights, create economic equality, promote women’s leadership, and end discrimination and violence against women.
Women’s Justice NOW is our charitable partner organization, supporting our public education and outreach efforts and providing legal advocacy and referrals to women in need.
NOW-NYC and Women’s Justice NOW seek an Executive Assistant to support our work. This position reports directly to the President.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the President’s calendar by scheduling meetings, calls and travel.
- Provide research support for meetings and interviews with the press.
- Assist with preparation for quarterly Board meetings.
- Prepare the President’s expense reports.
- Maintain office supplies inventory.
- Greet guests and set up for meetings.
- Open, sort, and distribute mail.
- Track staff attendance and vacation time.
- Perform routine maintenance and troubleshooting on computers, phones, website and email system.
- Complete bookkeeping duties for multiple bank accounts, including payment of bills, data entry in QuickBooks accounting software, and making bank deposits; work in conjunction with the Treasurer to complete financial reports for quarterly board meetings.
- Professional experience in administrative work preferred.
- A demonstrated commitment to women’s rights and the mission of NOW-NYC and Women’s Justice NOW.
We’re looking for someone with these characteristics:
- Ability to take initiative in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills and fine attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor when under pressure and when faced with changing circumstances.
- Flexible self-starter who is proactive, exhibits a high degree of professionalism, is committed to completing work on a timely basis, and works well with a small, nimble team.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms, Calendar), Apple computers and iCloud Calendar.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance and generous time off policy, including 3 weeks’ vacation.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply, please submit a resume along with a cover letter detailing your qualifications and the reason(s) for your interest in this specific position to: email@example.com. You may address your application to Sonia Ossorio, NOW-NYC President.
NOW-NYC is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from people of any race or ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and from any underrepresented groups.