Women still make only 77 cents for every dollar that men do. This gap is even worse for women of color: African American women make 64 cents and Latina women, 54 cents on the dollar. Why? Fields dominated by women tend to be undervalued, women are often segregated into lower-paid sectors of their industry, and discrimination and harassment still put women at a disadvantage. This is why NOW-NYC is bringing together a powerful combination of lobbying, education, and direct services. We’re pushing for change to secure equality for women on all rungs of the career ladder.
Take a look at the latest news on what NOW-NYC has been doing recently to advance women at work!
- Get Help. What should I do if I’m facing discrimination or sexual harassment at work?
- Are you a pregnant woman in NYC? Know your rights. Read more here.
- Need help tackling student loans? Look no further.
- Want to further your education? Find women-specific scholarships here.
- A Woman’s Nation: Shriver Report on Development of Women in the Workplace.
- Stay Informed. Key stats on women in the workplace
- NYC Budget and Policy. The impact of the Governor’s proposed 2013-14 budget on New York City women: get the report.
IssuesAll Issues »
Tuesday, Feb 09 | 5:00pm - 9:00pm Phone Banking for Hillary
Thursday, Feb 18 - Sunday, Feb 21 | All Day Athena Film Festival
Tuesday, Feb 23 | 5:00pm - 9:00pm Phone Banking for Hillary
Monday, Mar 14 | All Day Priority Deadline for Summer Internships
Ensure Access to Birth Control Support the Comprehensive Contraception...
Allow U.S. Foreign Assistance Funds to Provide Safe Abortions Tell President Obama to correct the Helms...