Women still make only 76 cents for every dollar that men do. This gap is even worse for women of color: African American women make 63 cents and Latina women, 54 cents on the dollar. Why? Fields dominated by women tend to be undervalued, women are often segregated into lower-paid sectors of their industry, and discrimination and harassment still put women at a disadvantage. This is why NOW-NYC is bringing together a powerful combination of lobbying, education, and direct services. We’re pushing for change to secure equality for women on all rungs of the career ladder.
Take a look at the latest news on what NOW-NYC has been doing recently to advance women at work!
- Get Help. What should I do if I’m facing discrimination or sexual harassment at work?
- Are you a pregnant woman in NYC? Know your rights. Read more here.
- Need help tackling student loans? Look no further.
- Want to further your education? Find women-specific scholarships here.
- A Woman’s Nation: Shriver Report on Development of Women in the Workplace.
- Stay Informed. Key stats on women in the workplace
IssuesAll Issues »
Thursday, Mar 30 - Friday, Mar 31 | 4:00pm - 11:00pm Historians and Feminists: An Intergenerational Convention
Thursday, Apr 06 | 7:00pm - 8:30pm "Life's Work: A Moral Argument for Choice" Launch Party w/ Special Guest Gloria Steinem
Saturday, Apr 08 | 2:00pm - 4:00pm Hollaback! Presents: 2017 Anti-Street Harassment Rally
Take Rape Seriously NOW #TakeRapeSeriously VAWA has transformed...
End Child Marriage In New York State Did you know there are loopholes in the...