Women still make only 77 cents on the dollar compared to what men earn. This gap is even worse for women of color: African American women make 64 cents and Latina women, 54 cents on the dollar. Why? Fields dominated by women tend to be undervalued, women are often segregated into lower-paid sectors of their industry, and discrimination and harassment still put women at a disadvantage. This is why NOW-NYC is bringing together a powerful combination of lobbying, education, and direct services. We’re pushing for change to secure equality for women on all rungs of the career ladder.
- Get Help. What should I do if I’m facing discrimination or sexual harassment at work?
- Are you a pregnant woman in NYC? Know your rights. Read more here.
- Need help tackling student loans? Look no further.
- Want to further your education? Find women-specific scholarships here.
- A Woman’s Nation: Shriver Report on Development of Women in the Workplace.
- Stay Informed. Key stats on women in the workplace
- NYC Budget and Policy. The impact of the Governor’s proposed 2013-14 budget on New York City women: get the report.
- SEE IT: Equal Education, Unequal Pay – check out this infographic.
IssuesAll Issues »
Tuesday, Jul 29 - Monday, Sep 01 | 11:00am - 5:30pm The Missing: Gendered Tactics Used to Weaponize Black Female Bodies
Monday, Sep 15 | 6:30pm - 8:00pm Divorce & Separation Legal Clinic
Thursday, Oct 16 - Saturday, Oct 18 | All Day Justice in the Home: Domestic Work Past, Present, and Future Conference
Monday, Oct 20 | 6:30pm - 8:00pm Divorce & Separation Legal Clinic
Get Supermarkets to Drop Eden Foods! Organic, Yes; Birth Control, No - Join NOW...
Tell Supreme Court: This is Not My America! Hobby Lobby Ruling Fails Women ...