Women still make only 77 cents on the dollar compared to what men earn. This gap is even worse for women of color: African American women make 64 cents and Latina women, 54 cents on the dollar. Why? Fields dominated by women tend to be undervalued, women are often segregated into lower-paid sectors of their industry, and discrimination and harassment still put women at a disadvantage. This is why NOW-NYC is bringing together a powerful combination of lobbying, education, and direct services. We’re pushing for change to secure equality for women on all rungs of the career ladder.
- Read More »
- Get Help. What should I do if I’m facing discrimination or sexual harassment at work?
- Are you a pregnant woman in NYC? Know your rights. Read more here.
- Need help tackling student loans? Look no further.
- Want to further your education? Find women-specific scholarships here.
- A Woman’s Nation: Shriver Report on Development of Women in the Workplace.
- Stay Informed. Key stats on women in the workplace
- NYC Budget and Policy. The impact of the Governor’s proposed 2013-14 budget on New York City women: get the report.
- SEE IT: Equal Education, Unequal Pay – check out this infographic.
IssuesAll Issues »
Saturday, May 30 | 7:00am - 11:00am Clinic Escorting
Saturday, Jun 06 | 7:00am - 11:00am Clinic Escorting
Thursday, Jun 11 | 6:00pm - 9:30pm Women of Power & Influence Awards
Saturday, Jun 13 | 7:00am - 11:00am Clinic Escorting
Bring Consent Education to Schools! Pass the Teach Safe Relationships Act:...
Stop the Shackling of Women During Childbirth We Must Enforce the Law - In 2009, New...