Women still make only 76 cents for every dollar that men do. This gap is even worse for women of color: African American women make 63 cents and Latina women, 54 cents on the dollar. Why? Fields dominated by women tend to be undervalued, women are often segregated into lower-paid sectors of their industry, and discrimination and harassment still put women at a disadvantage. This is why NOW-NYC is bringing together a powerful combination of lobbying, education, and direct services. We’re pushing for change to secure equality for women on all rungs of the career ladder.
Take a look at the latest news on what NOW-NYC has been doing recently to advance women at work!
- Get Help. What should I do if I’m facing discrimination or sexual harassment at work?
- Are you a pregnant woman in NYC? Know your rights. Read more here.
- Need help tackling student loans? Look no further.
- Want to further your education? Find women-specific scholarships here.
- A Woman’s Nation: Shriver Report on Development of Women in the Workplace.
- Stay Informed. Key stats on women in the workplace
IssuesAll Issues »
Tuesday, May 23 | 7:00pm - 9:00pm Reproductive Rights: Now You Have Them - Now You Don't!
Wednesday, May 24 | 6:00pm - 8:00pm State of the Resistance
Saturday, Jun 03 | 11:00am - 1:00pm Hudson Women's Town Hall: Speak Out Against Violence
Tuesday, Jun 06 | 6:30pm - 8:30pm NOW and WIN.NYC Political Action Happy Hour
Tell the Boy Scouts: Let Girls Participate in All Programs Sydney Ireland (Photo credit: Khan/WNYC)...
Pass the "Ban the Salary History Question" Bill in New York State Asking prospective employees about their...