Women still make only 77 cents for every dollar that men do. This gap is even worse for women of color: African American women make 64 cents and Latina women, 54 cents on the dollar. Why? Fields dominated by women tend to be undervalued, women are often segregated into lower-paid sectors of their industry, and discrimination and harassment still put women at a disadvantage. This is why NOW-NYC is bringing together a powerful combination of lobbying, education, and direct services. We’re pushing for change to secure equality for women on all rungs of the career ladder.
Take a look at the latest news on what NOW-NYC has been doing recently to advance women at work!
- Get Help. What should I do if I’m facing discrimination or sexual harassment at work?
- Are you a pregnant woman in NYC? Know your rights. Read more here.
- Need help tackling student loans? Look no further.
- Want to further your education? Find women-specific scholarships here.
- A Woman’s Nation: Shriver Report on Development of Women in the Workplace.
- Stay Informed. Key stats on women in the workplace
IssuesAll Issues »
Monday, Feb 27 | 6:00pm - 8:00pm Sakhi for South Asian Women: Amani Al-Khatahtbeh
Friday, Mar 03 | 9:00am - 10:00am Rally for a Fair Work Week and Worker Empowerment!
Saturday, Mar 04 | 2:30pm - 5:00pm State Senator Liz Krueger Town Hall on Access to Healthcare in the Trump Era
Thursday, Mar 09 | 6:30pm - 8:30pm Countdown to Tyranny: How Trump’s Attacks On the Press Could Change the World
Get GENDA on the Senate Floor in New York State Now that Trump is reversing protections...
Tell Jeff Sessions to #ProtectTransKids Attorney General Jeff Sessions reversed...