Women still make only 79.6 cents for every dollar that men do. This gap is even worse for women of color: African American women make 63.3 cents and Latina women make 54.4 cents on the dollar. Why? Fields dominated by women tend to be undervalued, women are often segregated into lower-paid sectors of their industry, and discrimination and harassment still put women at a disadvantage. This is why NOW-NYC is bringing together a powerful combination of lobbying, education, and direct services. We’re pushing for change to secure equality for women on all rungs of the career ladder.
Take a look at the latest news on what NOW-NYC has been doing recently to advance women at work!
- Get Help. What should I do if I’m facing discrimination or sexual harassment at work?
- Are you a pregnant woman in NYC? Know your rights. Read more here.
- Want to further your education? Find women-specific scholarships here.
- A Woman’s Nation: Shriver Report on Development of Women in the Workplace.
- Stay Informed. Key stats on women in the workplace
IssuesAll Issues »
Thursday, Oct 19 | 5:00pm - 6:30pm Sex Trafficking in the City: What New Yorkers Need to Know
Thursday, Oct 19 | 6:30pm - 8:00pm Shine A Light, Save A Life Rally
Friday, Oct 20 | 6:00pm - 9:00pm Ally Event: "In Our Backyard" Film Screening and Panel Discussion
Friday, Oct 20 - Sunday, Oct 22 | 7:00pm - 1:00am Brooklyn Oktoberfest
Call on Dems to Protect Choice NOW! Democrats Are Paving the Way for Anti-Choice...
Save VAWA #TakeRapeSeriously VAWA has transformed...