Women still make only 77 cents for every dollar that men do. This gap is even worse for women of color: African American women make 64 cents and Latina women, 54 cents on the dollar. Why? Fields dominated by women tend to be undervalued, women are often segregated into lower-paid sectors of their industry, and discrimination and harassment still put women at a disadvantage. This is why NOW-NYC is bringing together a powerful combination of lobbying, education, and direct services. We’re pushing for change to secure equality for women on all rungs of the career ladder.
Take a look at the latest news on what NOW-NYC has been doing recently to advance women at work!
- Get Help. What should I do if I’m facing discrimination or sexual harassment at work?
- Are you a pregnant woman in NYC? Know your rights. Read more here.
- Need help tackling student loans? Look no further.
- Want to further your education? Find women-specific scholarships here.
- A Woman’s Nation: Shriver Report on Development of Women in the Workplace.
- Stay Informed. Key stats on women in the workplace
- NYC Budget and Policy. The impact of the Governor’s proposed 2013-14 budget on New York City women: get the report.
IssuesAll Issues »
Saturday, Aug 01 | 7:00am - 11:00am Clinic Escorting
Tuesday, Aug 04 | 6:30pm - 8:30pm My Art is My Activism: Women Artists and Social Change
Saturday, Aug 08 | 7:00am - 11:00am Clinic Escorting
Saturday, Aug 15 | 7:00am - 11:00am Clinic Escorting
Elect Hillary Clinton as President “We are thrilled to be a part of Hillary...
Ensure Access to Birth Control Support the Comprehensive Contraception...