Women still make only 79.6 cents for every dollar that men do. This gap is even worse for women of color: African American women make 63.3 cents and Latina women make 54.4 cents on the dollar. Why? Fields dominated by women tend to be undervalued, women are often segregated into lower-paid sectors of their industry, and discrimination and harassment still put women at a disadvantage. This is why NOW-NYC is bringing together a powerful combination of advocacy, education, and direct services. We’re pushing for change to secure equality for women on all rungs of the career ladder.
Are you experiencing sexual harassment on-the-job? Call our Helpline at 212-627-9895 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive information on our Sexual Harassment and Employment Discrimination Legal Clinic.
Take a look at the latest news on what NOW-NYC has been doing recently to advance women at work!
- Get Help. What should I do if I’m facing discrimination or sexual harassment at work?
- Are you a pregnant woman in NYC? Know your rights. Read more here.
- Want to further your education? Find women-specific scholarships here.
- A Woman’s Nation: Shriver Report on Development of Women in the Workplace.
- Stay Informed. Key stats on women in the workplace
IssuesAll Issues »
Saturday, Jan 19 | All Day 2019 Women's March NYC
Tuesday, Jun 11 | 6:00pm - 9:30pm 2019 Women of Power & Influence Awards
Sign the Petition to Demand Schneiderman Donate His Campaign Funds! Former New York Attorney General Eric...
Join Our Legislative Action Team Across New York and in tight races across...