Resist the Trump Agenda – Weeks 1 & 2
Need to keep track of everything the Trump Administration is doing? You’re in the right place.
We’ll be providing weekly updates on the actions President Trump is taking, as well as at least one weekly action that you can take NOW.
You can also join a Fight Back NOW Team. These teams will show up and speak out when our rights are being threatened and work in key districts across the state to lay the groundwork for change in 2018 and 2020. Express your interest on our volunteer interest form.
Actions You Can Take
- Stop President Trump’s Immigration and Refugee Ban: Make it clear to the Trump Administration that refusing refugees, banning people on the basis of religion, and breaking up families is NOT OKAY.
- Anti-Abortion Bill H.R. 7: This bill seeks to further restrict women’s access to abortion by making it impossible to use federal health insurance to receive reproductive healthcare. Call your representatives to urge them not to pass this bill in the Senate.
- Reject President Trump’s Anti-Woman Cabinet: The cabinet that President Trump is trying to appoint is simply unacceptable. Make sure your representatives know that these confirmations cannot happen, and if they vote yes today – you’re voting no in 2018.
Actions President Trump Has Taken
Within minutes of being sworn in, President Trump:
- Wiped clean from the White House website research and reports on rape, sexual assault, and domestic violence.
- Wiped clean from the Department of Labor website a report on lesbians, bi, gay and transgender people and LGBT workplace discrimination.
- Wiped clean from the White House website information on the threat of climate change and efforts to combat it.
Within his first 72 hours, President Trump:
- Signed an executive order to dismantle the Affordable Care Act.
- Signed an executive order to reinstate the Global Gag Rule on women.
- Signed an executive order to proceed with Keystone & Dakota pipelines.
Within his first two weeks, President Trump:
- Proposed eliminating 25 Violence Against Women grants.
- Supported V.P. Pence becoming the first V.P. to speak at the “March for Life” in-person where he promised to work with Congress on the anti-abortion bill, H.R.7.
- Signed an executive order suspending immigration from 7 Muslim-majority countries for at least 90 days, and banned all refugee re-settlement for at least 120 days.
Stay tuned for more updates.