Fight Back NOW Teams
NOW-New York City has organized teams of activists across the state to unite progressive women and men within their communities to promote women’s rights and social justice. These teams will organize meetings with their elected leaders and organize actions in their communities. These activists will show up and speak out when our rights are being threatened by the Trump Agenda. Most importantly, Fight Back NOW teams in key districts across the state will mobilize to lay the groundwork for change in the upcoming elections of 2018 and 2020.
The goals of the Fight Back NOW teams are to:
- Engage activists and community members to action to resist the Trump agenda
- Meet with elected officials to gain insights and relevant information
- Create and join local actions, rallies, protests, and other events
- Support pro-woman candidates in local and state elections
- Build a strong network of activists in their community
- Foster long-term engagement with NOW-New York City
Fight Back NOW members are expected to:
- Join and actively participate in at least one of the following ways:
- Meeting with elected officials and providing feedback to NOW-NYC staff
- Event planning for networking, public education, or awareness-raising programs
- Lobbying and/or promoting pro-woman candidates in local and state elections
- Participate in NOW-NYC Resist Trump actions such as calling and emailing elected leaders and/or government agencies
- Attend NOW-NYC organized events and Fight Back NOW actions
- Promote NOW-NYC and Fight Back NOW actions through social media platforms
- Become an engaged and active member of NOW-NYC
Sign up for a Fight Back NOW Team in your district here.
The program is headed by a team of Fight Back NOW Coordinators who commit to a leadership role in mobilization, communications, and team engagement.
Coordinators will be responsible for:
- Attending a leadership training session that NOW-NYC provides.
- Coordinating actions with other Fight Back NOW team coordinators.
- Overseeing the team’s ongoing activities.
- Communicating with their team members through their Google Group.
- Mobilizing their team into action and garnering participation in local events.
- Participating in monthly meetings and/or conference calls with NOW-NYC staff to update staff on their actions and meetings.
- Overseeing monthly, informal social gatherings of Fight Back NOW team members.
- Organizing a minimum 3 to 4 networking sessions for their team.
- Work with NOW-NYC to canvass and promote pro-woman candidates endorsed by NOW-NYC in local and state mid-term elections.
Want to volunteer to be a Fight Back NOW Team Coordinator? Sign up to join a Fight Back NOW Team here if you are not already assigned to a team and then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “FBN Team Coordinator”.