Resist the Trump Agenda – Week #10
Stay informed with our weekly updates on what you need to know and how you can take action NOW.
Check out our Activist Tool Kit!
Taking Action With NOW-NYC
Take Rape Seriously NOW Rally & Event
On Monday, March 20th, NOW-NYC and supporters took to the streets to resist the Trump agenda and protest the defunding of the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA).
Advocates spoke about how much NYC benefits from VAWA funding and how VAWA has helped millions of domestic violence and sexual assault survivors.
Women’s Town Hall: Speak Up, Speak Out Against Violence
On Monday, March 20th, anti-violence advocates and survivors of domestic violence and sexual violence from around NYC came together.
Our first in a series of Town Halls, we are traveling around the state as a way to amplify the voices of survivors and highlight the importance of VAWA funding in New York. Take Rape Seriously NOW.
End Child Marriage Lobby Day
On Wednesday, March 22nd, NOW-NYC traveled to Albany to meet with representatives and support legislation to end child marriage in New York State.
You can join our fight by calling your Assemblymember and urging them to support bill A5524.
Resist Week #10: Get In the Know
- Neil Gorsuch had his confirmation hearing for the Supreme Court position.
- NY Senator Chuck Schumer vows to filibuster Gorsuch’s confirmation. #JusticeForGarland
- Today, legislators will vote on the new and “improved” healthcare plan.
- Also, let’s take a look at who was discussing important healthcare coverage, like contraception and maternity care:
- 10 young girls of color have gone missing in Washington D.C. over the past two weeks. Black and Brown girls are disappearing, and not receiving the same media coverage that missing White women have received in the past.
Want to stay up-to-date with all of NOW’s action plans? Click the V to download “Voices,” an smartphone app designed to inform you of our actions as soon as we post them!