Resist the Trump Agenda – Week #5
Keep yourself informed here with our weekly updates of resistance in the Trump administration, as well as a weekly action that you can take NOW.
Check out our Activist Tool Kit!
Not My President Rally
Join us on Monday, February 20th at 12PM around Columbus Circle and Trump International Hotel for a peaceful protest against Trump’s actions and to demonstrate that the power of the people is stronger than the people in power.
NOW-NYC President Sonia Ossorio will be speaking against Trump’s policies that have already begun harming immigrants and undocumented folks, Muslims, people of color, women, the LGBTQ+ community, and low-income people, and threatening our democracy.
Healthcare Day of Action – Saturday, February 18th
- Let legislators know that the ACA, Medicare, and Medicaid are vital to the health of women. Use #IfILoseCoverage to tell your story.
Muslim Solidarity Rally – Sunday, February 19th
- We will be joining together at 12PM in Times Squares to stand in solidarity with our Muslim brothers and sisters.
Trump: Week #5
- Immigrants fight back against raids and crackdowns in their communities. In one case, a mother and permanent resident was arrested and sentenced to 8 years in prison for “voter fraud”.
- Check out our immigration resource page.
- Politico fact checks Trump’s Thursday press conference, an astounding display of boldface lies and attacks on the news media, including the moment when Trump called a valid question about an uptick in anti-Semitism “not a fair question” and another where he asked a Black woman journalist to get him a meeting with the Congressional Black Caucus. Get all your WTF moments right here!
- Michael Flynn resigned as national security adviser as reports continue to surface about contacts between Trump’s campaign and Russian intelligence.
- Steve Mnuchin was confirmed as Secretary of the Treasury, and climate change denier Scott Pruitt was confirmed as head of the Environmental Protection Agency.
- The anti-living wage, fast food CEO Andy Puzder withdrew his nomination for Secretary of Labor, in part due to the resurfacing of domestic abuse claims made against him. Thank you, Oprah.
Need a laugh now?