Resist the Trump Agenda – Week #9
Stay informed with our weekly updates on what you need to know and how you can take action NOW.
Check out our Activist Tool Kit!
Protest, Speak Out, and Lobby With Us
1) Take Rape Seriously NOW Press Conference – Monday, March 20th at 11:30AM
- Join us in showing support for the Violence Against Women Act
2) Women’s Town Hall – Monday, March 20th at 6:30PM
- Come express your concerns about the threats to vital anti-violence programs
3) End Child Marriage Lobby Day – Wednesday, March 22nd
- Join us on the bus to Albany for a lobby day to end this human rights abuse in NY.
4) Activist Series: Planning a Protest – Saturday, March 18th at 3PM
- Learn how to make your voices heard at our first of many workshops
5) No Ban Human Banner Protest – Friday, March 17th at 5PM
- The new travel ban is the Muslim Ban 2.0 – come stand in solidarity
Resist Trump Week #9 – Get in the Know & in the Movement
- Trump released his first budget document – and it doesn’t look good for anyone who isn’t a rich, white man. Trump’s budget proposal threatens vital programs on health, the environment, medical research, and the arts – and even the Office of Violence Against Women could be shuttered.
- “[These cuts are] what would happen if you went through the discretionary budget with a fine-tooth comb looking for every program designed to help poor people, and then eliminated them all.” – Vox
- The Republicans new healthcare proposal will be detrimental to all Americans who have been benefiting from the ACA.
- The courts have temporarily blocked the Travel Ban 2.0 – judges are ruling it’s just as unconstitutional as the first one.
- Trump’s own words during his campaign are being used to demonstrate that the ban is religiously motivated.
Want to stay up-to-date with all of NOW’s action plans? Click the V to download “Voices,” an smartphone app designed to inform you of our actions as soon as we post them!