Take the Pledge to Stand With NOW
Right now, we are on the cusp of witnessing a tremendous regression of human rights in America.
On November 9th, many Americans woke up afraid. Muslims woke up to a President-elect who has demonized them every chance he had. Immigrants woke up to a greater fear of deportation and being separated from their families. People of color woke up to a President-elect who was endorsed by a former Ku Klux Klan grand wizard. Women woke up to a President-elect who has never backed down from his misogynistic comments.
Join us to take a stand. Join us against normalizing the actions of the new President-elect. Join us to speak out and have conversations. Join us to be activists, to be allies, to be witnesses. Join us. Sign the pledge NOW.
As a NOW-NYC member, I commit to take action to:
- Advance equality and justice for all people.
- Hold our elected leaders accountable and demand they denounce racism, sexism, and bigotry.
- Stand up for reproductive justice and access to healthcare.
- Protect free speech and preserve our right to speak out.
- Take on the economic inequality that drives our division.
- Take rape seriously and dismantle toxic masculinity and rape culture in one generation.
- Elect pro-women’s rights and pro-choice leaders.
- Challenge the forces that deny climate change and environmental science.
- Dare to preserve the truth and challenge myself to learn, listen, speak up, and engage as an activist, ally, and witness.
- Ensure New York remains an inclusive safe haven for women, girls, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, immigrants, those with disabilities, and all Americans.