Five Actions You Can Take NOW
There’s no doubt that our fight has become much harder, but we must give our hearts to it. NOW-NYC’s mission of advocating for the rights of women and girls is more vital than ever. We must continue our work to protect our reproductive rights, advance women’s economic empowerment, elect feminist leaders, and end violence and discrimination against women and people of color. It will be our voices that will hold the line.
Here’s 5 Things You Can Do Right Now:
1. Become a member of NOW-NYC today to ensure we mobilize like never before. Our voices must remain strong and powerful.
2. Join us for the historic Women’s March on Washington on January 21, 2017.
3. Call your Congressional leaders today and ask them to reject Steve Bannon and stand against hate. Tell them it is unacceptable for the president to be counseled by an individual who promotes white supremacy, racism, and bigotry. Sign the petition, too!
- Questions about how to effectively lobby your elected officials? Read this!
- U.S. Senator Schumer: (212) 486-4430 / U.S. Senator Gillibrand: (212) 688-6262
4. Senator Heller may be the only vote that prevents racist, misogynist Jeff Sessions from being appointed Attorney General. Call Heller and tell him to keep Sessions out of the Attorney General’s Office! Contact Heller’s Offices at:
- Las Vegas (702) 388-6605, Reno (702) 686-5770, Washington DC (202) 224-6244
5. Take our pledge. Join us to take a stand. Join us to push back against the new President-elect. Join us to speak out and have conversations. Join us to be activists, to be allies, to be witnesses. Commit to take action NOW.