Get Help Resources - COVID-19
Find the latest news and updates from the city and state, as well as resources from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO):
NYS Coronavirus Hotline: 1-888-364-3065
Get NYC COVID-19 Alerts: Text COVID to 692 692
Workplace rights and financial help
- Know Your Rights: NYS Hub for paid leave, unemployment and financial help during COVID-19.
- Met Council on Housing FAQ on the NY eviction moratorium and your rights as a tenant during COVID-19.
- What you need to know: 40% of NY tenants might not pay rent this month
- Gender Equality Law Center has a free legal hotline to answer your questions about navigating how the Coronavirus is impacting your job, what benefits like paid sick leave or unemployment insurance you may be eligible to receive and more. Call 1-888-833-4363 or email email@example.com.
- NYS Department of Labor Find the latest information about unemployment insurance in NY State.
- Job Protection and Pay: What you need to know.
- Paid Sick Leave for COVID-19 Impacted New Yorkers.
- Assistance & Guidance for Businesses Impacted by COVID-19 by NYC Small Business Services. You can also call 311 for information on grants, updates, and more.
- Your Money: A Hub for Help During the Coronavirus
- Restaurant Opportunities Centers United Connect to national and city/state resources available to restaurant workers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Complaints Related to COVID-19 Regulations to file a complaint with the NYS Department of Labor if your employer violates COVID-19 workplace guidelines.
Crisis services for victims of sexual assault and domestic violence:
We know the risk for domestic violence rises during times of isolation, and the impacts of COVID-19 will be compounded for those experiencing domestic violence and sexual assault. The following services are open and operating to ensure critical services are available to those in need.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline is a free and confidential hotline for victims and survivors who need support. Call 1-800-799-7233.
- National Sexual Assault Hotline is available by phone and online chat for survivors and their loved ones. Services are free, confidential, and available 24/7. 1-800-656-HOPE (4673).
- NYC Alliance Against Sexual Assault provides crisis counseling, safety planning, assistance with finding shelter & information about resources. Call 212-514-SAFE (7233).
- Crime Victims Treatment Center helps survivors of violence to heal, through crisis intervention, trauma-focused therapy, legal advocacy, complementary therapy, and psychiatric consultation. Call (212) 523-4728.
- Safe Horizon provides services for victims of crime and abuse, their families and communities. Call their 24-hour hotline 1-800-621-HOPE (4673).
- StrongHearts Native Helpline 1-844-7NATIVE (762-8483) is a safe domestic violence and dating violence helpline for American Indians and Alaska Natives, offering culturally appropriate support and advocacy daily from 7 am to 10 pm CT. Anonymous and confidential.
- Anti-Violence Project offers a 24-hour English/Spanish hotline for L.G.B.T.Q.+ experiencing abuse or hate-based violence. Call 212-714-1141.
- New York State Domestic and Sexual Violence Hotline is available in multiple languages. Call 1-800-942-6906 for English. For deaf or hard of hearing: 711.
- NYS Office of Mental Health Emotional Support Line provides free and confidential support to callers experiencing anxiety due to the coronavirus emergency. Call 1-844-863-9314 to schedule a free appointment.
- Feeling Stressed about Coronavirus? Managing Anxiety in an Anxiety-Provoking Situation by the NYS Office of Mental Health.
- Managing Stress and Anxiety related to COVID-19 by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Mental Health Considerations During the COVID-19 Outbreak by The World Health Organization.
- Mental Health and COVID-19 by Mental Health America.
- Substance Abuse & COVID-19: Potential Implications for Individuals with Substance Use Disorders by the National Institute on Drug Abuse.
- NYC Well can connect you to free, confidential mental health support 24/7. Speak to a counselor via phone, text, or chat and get access to mental health and substance use services, in more than 200 languages.
- ThriveNYC provides a guide to mental health support New Yorkers can access while staying home.
Information for parents
- NYC DOE: Public School Information
Learn where to pick up FREE student meals; how to borrow an iPad if you need to; and stay updated about COVID-19.
- School’s out: a parent’s guide. Comprehensive information for parents, with tips and resources.
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus from the Public Broadcasting Service.
Access to birth control
- Planned Parenthood Direct, Planned Parenthood’s app-based service, prescribes and delivers birth control in 28 states.
- PRJKT RUBY prescribes and delivers birth control in 49 states (all except North Carolina).
- The Pill Club prescribes birth control in 37 states but can deliver in all 50 states.
- Nurx prescribes and delivers birth control in 28 states.
- Learn more about telemedicine options.
This material is powered by Women’s Justice NOW.